Monday, June 7, 2010

Challenge Heaven - June Sketch

Just finished a quick LO for the Challenge Heaven June Sketch.  I have used these pics before but Brittany looks so lovely when she smiles and I don't seem to be able to get her to smile when I take pics of her these days and OMG she's wearing a dress which is a very rare occurrence.  These were taken on Christmas Day whilst on holidays.  Used Rhonna Farrer,  and Fancy Pants pp's, Martha Stewart Punch, lace, ribbon and some bling and a lovely butterfly brooch which I purchased in a discount store.


On a Roll - Another Challenge Win with Kraft it Up

So excited to find out I had won another challenge for May at Kraft it Up.  The work on this site is gorgeous and very inspirational.  Check it out at http://kraftitup.blogspot.com/.  The challenge always uses Kraft paper.  Last month's challenge you needed to use KRAFT and you had to create your OWN PAPER, your background paper (Kraft) or you could create some patterned paper to use on your page. It had to be created by stamping, misting, masking or painting and you could use any medium inks, glimmermist, texture paints, gel mediums, paints, crackle paints etc...

This was my take, which I really enjoyed putting together as I really love the grunge look.  I created my background kraft paper by misting over some mesh and stamping along the borders of the pp with a Rhonna Farrer border stamp.

Thanks for stopping by.  Cheers Cathy

2 comments:

  1. love your layout for the sketch challenge, and omg no wonder you won kraft it up's challenge, loved that LO too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh Cathy I have to agree, I have just loved your layouts they are just amazing, I am not sure where your mojo went but wow it is back with the most gorgeous works, last month for ArTastic was amazing with the cows and this Kraft it up layout is just truly beautiful, what gorgeous kids you have, by the way, what is on this weekend, you mentioned catching up, is there a craft show on? Sorry I have not been back to Challenge Heaven I love the site, it's just that I have such limited mojo myself and although my DT roles are ending, I am going to just go back to doing some scrapping for me and see if this doesn't lift me a bit. Keep up the gorgeous layouts, they are beautiful my girl. Melxx

    ReplyDelete