Monday, January 16, 2017

First Post for 2017 Dusty Attic Design Team

Hi everyone,

I am so excited to be part of The Dusty Attic Design Team for another year!!  OMG we have some very inspirational artists lined up for 2017... it's going to be an amazing year!!!  Today I am sharing my first project... here's to a creative, inspirational and fantabulous 2017!!

Dream Passionately
I recently came across these gorgeous Lemoncraft pp's which have been sitting in my stash of pp's for a while, so I was inspired to create this soft and feminine layout using beautiful Dusty Attic chippies and a lovely Dusty Attic stencil to add texture and dimension to my creation.

To create my background I used the lovely Fan Stencil with Shimmers Texturez.  Once dry, I went over with pink Stickles for a little sparkle, then splattered over randomly with watered down white paint to soften.

The Birds on a Branch #2 chippies were cut into sections and coated with gesso, then painted with Dusty in Colour Jungle Green.  The birds were painted with Dusty in Colour Oceania. and the edges with Dusty in Colour Jungle Green.  I highlighted the edges of the leaves in white to add depth.

To tie in with the pretty flowers in my photo, I coated some of the Mini Blossoms with Liquid Pearls, using the Dusty Attic Pearls for the flower centres, then randomly glued the blossoms to the branches and background.

 I love using frames to draw the eye to my photos.  Here I have used the large frame from the Decorative Frame Set, which I coated with Liquid Pearls, then highlighted the edges with Dusty in Colour Oceania.

To add another layer and a bit of contrast to the frame, I cut up a strip from the Fancy Trim #5 pack and painted with Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink, then used a sponge with a touch of white paint and lightly dabbed over the chipboard to soften the colour.


Word Disks chippies are perfect for adding a bit more dimension to your clusters/layers.  I used the 'love life' disk from the Word Disks #1 in my little flower cluster.  I painted the disk white, then coated the word with pink Liquid Pearls.  Once dry I backed with chippie with a contrasting pp.


The title is from the Live Beautifully pack and has been coated with gesso first, then painted with Dusty in Colour Oceania.


PRODUCT USED
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
Happy Crafting :)


5 comments:

  1. Cathy you've done it again. Just gorgeous. Love the techniques and soft colours. Hope to get a chance to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I hope you are well!! This is stunning, oh so pretty, love the colors and layers of loveliness... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outrageously GORGEOUS! you scrapped this lovely photo perfectly. So many things I love - the stickles on the stenciling; using mini blossoms in different sizes & random placements; the floral cut outs; how you framed the photo and of course the stunning dainty paper! WOW! This is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the soft and feminine look of your lay-out is just gorgeous! This turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete